Capital Horizons has simplified its approach to this part of the process and broken it down into four distinct phases
Introductory email and invoice sent to the client and KYC documents are requested.
• How are they structured?
• What is the amount of investable income you are willing to allocate?
• Age of beneficiaries?
• How long are the beneficiaries from retirement?
• Would you focus on income generation or capital appreciation or a balance?
• What is the approximate loss over a one year period that you would consider acceptable?
• Safe investments do not usually outperform inflation rates and tend towards a decrease in purchasing power.
• What currencies will you require your income in?
• Very often, the amount of money available for investment competes with other interests. E.g. If the family decided to buy a jet, it is millions of dollars which will not be available as investable income.