Seychelles IBC is the most popular and versatile type of offshore corporation available in Seychelles.
As most other classic offshore companies, Seychelles IBC is a tax-free corporation designed for engagement into all forms of international business, with no reporting and minimum record-keeping requirements, and comprehensive confidentiality features.
- Relevant laws: The International Business Companies Act 2016
- IBCs are required to have at least one director and one shareholder, who may be an individual or corporate entities. Neither directors nor officers need to be shareholders. Shareholders, directors, and officers may be of any nationality and may be residents of any country. A company secretary is not mandatory (although it is customary to have one appointed), and may be of any nationality and need not be resident in the Seychelles.
- The Seychelles IBC offers confidentiality as the register of directors is not a public document
- No minimum paid-up capital
- Non-resident directors allowed
- Auditing of financial accounts not required
- Filing of financial accounts not required
- The Seychelles IBC also provides protection due to secrecy provisions enshrined in the law and no information-sharing agreements
- A minimum of one member (shareholder or guarantee member) is required.
- Each member may be either an individuals or legal person (other offshore companies, offshore foundations, offshore trusts and similar).
- Nominees are permitted.
- Members may be resident or non-residents of Seychelles
Directors and Officers
- A minimum of one Director is required (sole shareholder permitted to act as sole director) and a maximum of twenty Directors are allowed for every Seychelles IBC.
- A Director may be a natural or legal person (corporate director).
- Directors may be resident or non-residents of Seychelles (careful consideration must be given as resident directors in a high tax jurisdiction will bring tax risk to the Seychelles IBC).
- There is no requirement to have a company secretary.
Investment in Seychelles
- An IBC may hold shares, debt obligations or other securities in a domestic company in Seychelles.
- An IBC may also own or manage a vessel registered in the Seychelles
Tax exemptions and Fees
- Seychelles International Business Companies are 100% exemptfrom any form of tax in Seychelles including business tax, personal income tax, capital gains tax, stamp duty and withholding taxes relating to dividends, interest, royalties and similar transactions to non-residents of Seychelles.